El Aero Service LLC. Is currently looking for a Certified Flight Instructor/Instrument Instructor for our Elko, Nevada location.
In continuous service since 1945, El Aero serves a very large rural area with people traveling to us for flight instruction from over 100 miles away, mostly private pilot students.
We currently have several students in various stages of training. Our current primary instructor will be leaving for a regional airline in the next 60-90 days and is ready and waiting to transition all his students to you. In this position you have the flexibility to create your own schedule in concert with your students needs.
The fixed wing fleet consists of one Cessna 172B, one Cessna 172M, and one Cessna 210M. Check out KEKO for airport details. For training purposes there is nearby class D, B & C airspace, but you get to train primarily in a nice quiet G/E area.
$30+ per billable hour (flight and ground)
$15/hr for administrative duties
$50/hr for FAR91 Commercial Flights
Duties and Responsibilities:
FAR 61 Flight & Ground Instruction, PPL thru CFII
FAR 91 Commercial/Corporate Operations in Support of company helicopter operations
FAR 91.147 Commercial Air Tours (LOA in place, yours to build up)
Management of students & related paperwork. All other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will have 150-200 hours flying a Cessna 172. Some experience flying a Cessna 210 is desirable, but not required. Experience as an MEI or AGI is a bonus, but not required.
• FAA ASEL
• FAA CFI & CFII
• 100 hours Cessna 172
• Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Must possess the minimum tools of the trade.
• Basic computer skills, familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be able to perform essential duties, to include but not limited to extended standing or sitting, climbing, crawling, working atop helicopters, and frequent bending, stretching, and lifting up to 75 lbs. Expectations
• Relocate to Elko, Nevada area or establish a regular commuter schedule
• Attention to detail, good work ethic, punctuality, and professional demeanor.
• Must be a team player working well with others and alone with minimum supervision.
• Desire to grow and expand knowledge to continually improve job skills.
• Good interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
• Must pass pre-employment background check, DOT drug and alcohol tests & PRIA
Elko is a mining community and as such has a high amount of Corporate air traffic on a daily basis which can afford you some great networking opportunities. Transition into our C210 will be provided at no cost to you (up to 5 hours) and familiarization with our 172B/M is also provided at our expense (up to 5 hours). Aircraft rental to employees is offered for personal use at 40% OFF the listed pricing, a great way to build time on your own if you so desire.